KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
The Sacco believes in the above maxim and hence we at Metropolitan have a strict regime of educating our members of staff, members of the Board and the General Membership on matters pertaining to the conduct of Sacco business. Some of the areas covered include:
- Performance of the Sacco in general
- Recent developments in the industry
- Performance of the Board of Directors
- Training of members on personal financial planning and wellness
- The society’s environment including changes within the regulatory framework.
- Other related topics and considered important
Education is normally conducted on a need basis and by sector (where membership is drawn). Organized forums are pre-arranged to ensure that information is disseminated in a systematic and uniform manner across the entire membership. Last year and early this year, over 100 members’ education forums were arranged at attended overwhelmingly across the country.
Members of staff and the board were equally educated on the various contemporary issues affecting the Sacco sub-sector and note ably the Sacco has excelled in this area of education to its members, members of the board and staff.
Lastly, as a way of paying back to the society, the Management and the Board organizes an annual training on personal financial management to our senior citizens across the nation. This has greatly improved the welfare of society in general through the economic empowerment.